The Local Authority Prevention Network (LAPN) is offering free water training for local authorities.
This training will help to reduce water use in local communities and businesses. It will cover reduction measures for end users such as local authorities, schools, businesses, institutions and homes.
One or two people from each local authority are welcome to join this course. The water training will be delivered by the Clean Technology Centre, CIT, in conjunction with Lowflo Ltd.
When & where:
- Tuesday 26, November – South Court Hotel, Limerick (see location at www.southcourthotel.com/finding-our-limerick-hotel.html )
- Wednesday 27, November – Clayton Hotel, Galway (see location at www.claytonhotelgalway.ie/location-of-galway-hotel.html )
- Thursday 28 November – Ashling Hotel, Dublin ( see location at www.ashlinghotel.ie/location )
Venues in each location to be confirmed shortly
Time: 10 am – 12.45 pm
What will be covered?
- How to assess water use in a business
- Options for reducing water use in different applications
- Typical costs for retrofitting & typical savings
- Hands on demo at the training venue – assessing water use, likely options, their costs and savings
- Benchmarks for some sectors
- Case studies
Who should attend?
Staff of all local authorities are welcome to this water training.
The course is primarily aimed at Environmental Awareness Officers, but may be of interest to other local authority staff.
How to Apply?
To apply contact Eileen O’Leary from the Clean Technology Centre, CIT, at email@example.com
A guide for supporting free public drinking water
A new guide is available on supporting access to free public drinking…
A case study on designing out waste in construction
A case study is now available here on a recent LAPN project…
EPA Circular Economy award in the TidyTowns 2021 competition
The national TidyTowns competition is back for 2021. The EPA continues to…