Cork Institute of Technology, with support from the Clean Technology Centre, hosted a food waste reduction fair on November 26 – 28th, 2009. This event was part of the European Week of Waste Reduction (EWWR) and it also served to act as an awareness raising event in CIT under the Green Campus CIT EPA CGPP project.
As part of the fair:
- CIT Canteen offered green lunch options with produce sourced locally
- There was an exhibition in the Nexus with information stands and composting demonstrations – waste reduction tips and recipes.
- A low waste meal prepared by the Hospitality Management students under Seamus Forde in the Tourism and Hospitality restaurant.
- A food waste ebooklet was launched at this meal.
- Kevin Dundon, Celebrity Chef, gave a a cookery demonstration in the Tourism and Hospitality demonstration kitchen
A guide for supporting free public drinking water
A new guide is available on supporting access to free public drinking…
A case study on designing out waste in construction
A case study is now available here on a recent LAPN project…
EPA Circular Economy award in the TidyTowns 2021 competition
The national TidyTowns competition is back for 2021. The EPA continues to…