Festive Cookery Demonstrations in Laois
Laois County Council has implemented four Festive Cookery Demonstrations and distributed Promotional Materials including an A5 Flyer and other materials promoting waste prevention.
These events took place from September to December 2015 in various venues and events around the county, including:
- National Ploughing Championships (NPC) and Social Media campaign
- Teacher Training Workshops – completed and attended by 40 teachers from green flag schools
- Catherine Fulvio Festive Cookery Demo and Social Media campaign – received coverage in local press and on Irish TV. Event attended by over 200 people.
- Staff news letter and Social Media campaign
Laois County Council has been very proactive in the area of Food Waste Prevention as it has successfully run the Master Composter Programme and 4 food waste prevention events in association with the Stop Food Waste Programme.
Working with various stakeholders, this project aimed to further augment the capacity that exists in the county and build on the success achieved to date. It would also assist in delivering targets that have been set out in the East – Midlands Waste Management Plan, especially prioritising waste prevention and minimisation activities.
Partners in the project included:
- Dublin City, Kildare, Longford and Westmeath Co Co – National Ploughing Championships.
- Westmeath and Offaly County Councils – Festive waste prevention cookery demo
- Stop Food Waste – NPC and cookery demo
The project was a great success. Very positive results were achieved from all promotions. Over 2000 items were distributed at NPC and over 200 items at the Cookery Demo.