Promote walking locally
Why not have a campaign to get people out of their cars and walking more. It’s healthy and it prevents waste and emissions.
Some initiatives could include:
- Prepare an on-line map of local walking routes;
- Campaign for walking routes like Slí na Sláinte;
- Hold local walking events;
- Organise events for National Walk to School week.
- Sign up to the Community Walking Leader Training programme
- Promote walking in your local school. Check out this guide from Get Active Ireland.
See if your local authority has a road safety officer or can help in any other way. Contact.